You now know the basics about Sauvignon Blanc. But you’re probably asking yourself: a) Is there a Lebanese white wine made from Sauvignon Blanc? and b) What exactly does Sauvignon Blanc taste like? The answers are: yes we do, and I’m helping you find out for yourself. Here are 12 Lebanese white wines made from Sauvignon Blanc. Also make sure you follow me on Facebook and Instagram to let me know your thoughts when you try any of them out!
Sauvignon Blanc – Single Varietals
Single varietals are wines made from a single grape. Here, I list four single varietal Lebanese white wines made completely from Sauvignon Blanc. As discussed in the previous article, this white wine is distinctly clean, crisp, refreshing, and generally unoaked. It’s intensely fruity with flavors ranging from citrus and green fruits to tropical fruits and peaches. It also has herbaceous notes, like bell pepper and grass.
So, this is what you should expect from the below wines. However, while they should be similar, the aromas will still defer depending on grape ripeness, the soil, and many wine production methods.
1) Cuvee N by Aurora Winery
2) Sauvignon Blanc 2016 by Domaine Wardy
3) Blanc de Qanafar 2017 by Chateau Qanafar
4) Gilbert Simon Sauvignon Blanc
Sauvignon Blanc – Blends
Blended wines are made using two types of wine grapes or more, either in equal or in varying amounts. Here, I list eight Lebanese white wines blended from Sauvignon Blanc with other grapes, mainly Chardonnay and Viognier. Hence, the Sauvignon Blanc in these blended white wines will express itself differently than in a single varietal white wine, generally depending on the percentage of Sauvignon Blanc in the blend and what other grapes are used.
From a Chardonnay, you can expect a huge spectrum of aromas from green fruits and citrus, to stone fruits, to more tropical fruits, all depending on the climate. A Viognier has a very similar flavor profile to Chardonnay, but can also have floral aromas. Both of these grapes are incredibly suitable for oak aging, which is why a Sauvignon Blanc might be unconventionally oaked when blended with them.
5) Wanton White by Muse du Liban (Blend: Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay)
6) Domaine de Baal White 2016 (Blend: 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 50% Chardonnay, slightly aged in oak)
7) Chateau Sainte Andrée White (Blend: Sauvignon Bland, Chardonnay)
8) Ixsir Grande Reserve White 2017 (Blend: 60% Viognier, 25% Sauvignon Blanc, 15% Chardonnay, aged in oak)
9) Al Dayaa White 2015 (Blend: Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier)
10) Coteaux les Cedres White 2013 (Blend: 50% Sauvignon Blanc, 50% Viognier)
11) Bloom Blanc de Blanc 2016 by Chateau Nakad (Blend: Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier)
12) Chateau Óra White 2016 (Blend: Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Muscat Petit Grain)
Hope you enjoyed this list! Make sure you follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more wine content. Also, what else would you like to read about on my blog? Just leace me a comment and tell me your suggestions. Finally, in case you’d like to work with me, I’m always open for collaboration. So let’s talk!