Summer sucks. There. You may now call me out for my dark and dank soul. But that won’t change anything! Because summer sucks! I mean, the heat, the sunburns, the sweat (I like my sweat sports-induced, thank you.)… it’s hell.
But let’s get the cliché out of the wé – ’tis the season for Rosé. Wow, I rhymed! Good God, I can never rhyme for my life!
And you know what else sucks? Hot Rosé. And that right there is a struggle. I mean, you want to consume this pinky elixir, and yet the hideous heat and humidity just ruin it! Well, allow my science-savvy self to assist you right there: the trick is consuming Rosé in ways that the heat doesn’t affect the taste.
Hence, my newest creations: Rosé Soaked Gummy Bears.
You may be familiar with the concept – probably soaked gummies in rum or vodka during college days. But this is the adult, classy, chic version of the old life hack. Soaking gummy bears in Rosé gives you a good measure of booze, flavor, and an extra dose of tipsy.
- 2-3 bags of HARIBO gummy bears (I took out the green ones, just cause the colors don’t match…)
- 1 glass Rosé (I used Mateus, but you can use any other. Just use a dark Rosé so the taste isn’t overpowered by the gummy bears’ flavors)
- Place the gummy bears in a bowl.
- Fill up a glass of Rosé. Start sipping, you’ve earned it.
- Fill up another glass of Rosé.
- Pour the second glass over the gummy bears.
- Let sit for 3-4 hours, or cover with cling film and stick in the fridge if you want to keep them over night. PS: Soaking them overnight won’t make much of a difference… Once they’re soaked, you’re good to go.
- Voilà! Serve them not-so-cold, cause the gummy bears tend to get a bit hard on the inside.
Try them out and let me know how it goes! Follow me on Instagram @AnotherGlassofRed and send the photo via DM. Waiting to see yours!
See you soon with another glass of red!